There are many ways children can help!! Please see the suggestions below for Families or Scout Troops:
- Sign up today to volunteer for this holiday season’s Spirit of Christmas program by clicking on the Sign-Up Genius Link here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d49acae2aa1fa7-2018
- In Sign-Up Genius, sign up Group Tours and reserved times for Gift Wrappers – Large Volunteer groups. (If you are a group of 12-16 people that can help wrap gifts, please feel free to select a date/time that has been specially held for large groups in the ‘Gift Wrappers – Large volunteer groups’ section)
- We encourage parents to request a child’s wish list and have their children help choose the gifts
- Collect clothing boxes from department stores
- Save/collect cans to purchase Christmas tags (to and from cards) or the wrapping supplies.
- Host a blanket making party! Tie blankets are easy and relatively inexpensive to make, yet bring a lot of joy to a foster child. We always need more blankets, especially in boy and teen patterns!
- Hold a fundraiser to fill a Child’s wish list! Bottle drives, bake sales, or chores around the house are easy ways for scouts to earn some money. Then let the kids do the shopping.
- Select Friends of Foster Kids as a recipient of a percentage of your purchase from Kroger at www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com and Amazon Smile at www.smile.amazon.com
- Thrivent Choice Members: Select FOFK as a recipient of your Thrivent Choice Dollars